Members in Attendance:
Topics brought up for discussion and their resolution:
- Katie Atkinson nominated Mindi Neilsen to be President Elect nomination was seconded, unanimous yes.
- Magann-DLI-Dual Language Immersion. Altara has been selected as a DLI school (Spanish) Parent meeting Tuesday, 2/11 at 3:30PM. Still getting more info, need to find out if Altara students will have priority. Only available for 1st/2ndgrade will level test scores. First grade teachers will need to be hired, will possibly have to relocate Preschool classes.
- Kindness Week: Kickoff Monday, Mindi will write announcements, sticky notes. A few rainbow bracelets for those being extra kind, will be given prize Thursday in lunch room. Kids given cloud for contest, each color coded (winners chosen Thursday). Also learning lyrics to song on Monday. Tuesday-Classic Fun Center Wednesday-Donation Day-focus on families here at Altara or Savers. Thursday-Cloud contest winners, rainbow wrist band prizes-Volunteers needed 10 AM
- Teacher Appreciation Week-Karissa-Best Teachers in the World
-Chelsea will put together google form to get teachers favorites: Color, Treat, School Supply
-Each teacher getting blanket/treat as gift-Karissa will put them on their desks
Monday-Take Off-Beverage Service
Wednesday-Lunch-Mexican Fiesta. Room Moms will be contacted by Chelsea to come 30 minutes prior to give teachers time for lunch. Will be given option for poster or door decoration.
- PTC Lunch-Katie will contact Texas Roadhouse for rolls
- Need to send Volunteer hours to Katie