Members in Attendance:
Topics brought up for discussion and their resolution:
- Clean Air Week: Cindy- January 13-17. Student Council will be involved. Need to get Idle Free signs back up, ideas on how to pass along the information that it’s an Idle Free Ordinance. Ideas for indoor recess? Art Contest, Banner, Will need help for pick up times (Cindy will post when those are) *Donut Idle-police officers to help pass out donuts to drivers.
- Dads and Donuts-January 21. Alex planning- Scales and Tails again, any other activity? Will announce on Social and through MemberHub
- Kindness Week: Meredith- February 24-28. Want to have challenges/games each day ie: high five someone today, make a new friend today, learn new facts, etc. Morning Meeting: prompts for teachers-Ms. Magann to get. Ideas from Student Council? Friendship bench/table/corner-kids can sit/stand when they don’t have someone to play with at recess. Helping Hands: Sky/Airplane themed down hall, chain link? Lisa to pull Kindness Books for Book Fair, also in library. Can incorporate the PTA Charity (Hawk Store) Kids Interacting Nicely Daily
- February 18-PTA Day at the Capitol-Cindy and Katie A. to attend, can go to see how it all works, how bills are passed, what legislature is talking about.
- PTA Nominating Committee-2 teachers (Mrs. Hadean), 1 office staff (Wendi Christensen) and 2-3 parents-possibly Erika Brendle, Taryn Jessen, Ruthanne Sobieski, Kortney Lo? Get teacher recommendations for parents that would possibly be on PTA Board.
- PTA Night-what is the PTA Board, what are the jobs, what do we do? Possibly February 6?Can incentivize kids to get parents there.
- Spirit Nights-need someone to head up. Jersey Mikes, Pier 49