Attendees: Nicole Magann, Lisa Buchmiller, Hollie Parry, Alisha Harrison, Jayne Eckholdt, Amy Kunzler, RuthAnn Sobieski
- Budget: Nicole reported that money was spent for Substitute teachers so that teachers could go to training. Nicole also reported that the technology budget was used to fund an iPad lab.
- Data Review: Nicole reported that testing included: 3rdgraders, 4-5 graders who were below level. K-2 testing will be next. She also reported that this year office referral were down from 46 to 28. Discipline referrals overall are down this year.
- SNAP Plan: Alisha Harrison reported that that there are 2 crossing guards at 700 E and 11000 S. and a crossing guard on the east of the school at 11000 S. Community Council concerns are the crosswalk at Sandy Creek that doesn’t have a crossing guard.CC asked if Nicole would put in another request for a Flashing Light. Lisa asked Nicole if she would ask Sandy City to plow the orchard sidewalk so that students could walk safely by the orchard on 700 E.
- Review of Canyons District Policy Manual: Altara Community Council recommendations are:
- We would rather not have hats allowed to be worn at school.
- We would like to see a guideline for shorts and skirts (ie. 2 inches above the knee)
- We would like to see opaque defined.