- Minutes from October 10 Approved
- Budget Review
- Most of the SCC $ is going to extended learning aides (math/behavioral)
- Most of the rest of the $ is going to Supplies and Technology
- Nicole is meeting with the district to ask for funds to replace the class tech labs
- Nicole also applied for extra state licenses for software and was approved. Next year those licenses will need to be covered by the school funds.
- Cell Tower Funds-Approved by SCC members
- Altara Cell Phone Policy
- We talked about the school policy being as follows:No use of cell phones or Gizmo/Apple watches between the hours of 8:25-3:05 This includes during class, at recess, or at lunch.The cell device should be kept in the child’s backpack.All phone communication should be by permission through the office or classroom phone.
- 1st offense-The cell device will be taken away for the day.2nd offense=The parent will need to come to the office to claim the cell device.
- Digital Safety
- Faculty is trained on digital safety
- Teachers are able to monitor content on chromebooks/IPAds
- Community information offered at Parent Teacher Conference at a booth set up outside the office for parents/guardians to visit.
- Safe School Plan
- We discussed options for Safe School Goal (social skills, attendance, addressing anxiety and stress of students).
- Social & emotional Safety
- In class Screen time
- ST Math & Imagine learning have minute requirements/kid to meet in order to keep state grant
- Anxiety stress increasing
- Discussed during circle time in class
- 1. Greeting2. 2.activity: warm up game3. 3. Share: relationship building cards given to teachers to use 4. 4. Message with discussion
- Counselor and therapist in school
- Behavior problems
- Consequence: “think time” sent to another classroom to fill out a form, then sent back to class
- Principal’s office
iii. Parent notified
- 2nd Step Program
- Emergency Drillsa. Power Outage issue
- Issue with sending notification through Diress App, if power goes outc. Consider getting a backup generator or some other way to use the app if power goes
out 8. Attendance
- Ways to make sure kids are attending school regularly and not missing 9. Parking Lot
- Issues with kids safety as they come out from back of school along the east sidewalk , kids are not staying on the sidewalk and instead walking in that parking lot. No safety patrol along there or teachers
- Educating them betterc. Seeing people hop the middle fence if they are in the middle, instead of walking to the
crosswalk area 10. Curriculum
- There needs to be more time allowed in teachers curriculum to fit in 2nd step. (need to bring up to school board)
ELP (extended learning program)
- More communication with teachers
- Consider possible shuffling in January
- Teacher input for who goes in next year
- Hard to meet ST Math and Imagine Learning minute requirement when ELP and Intervention
kids are being pulled from class.o ELPparentscouldbeinformedthattheseminutesneedtobedoneathomeinstead.
- Pay 1 ELP Aide as PT teacher (request from district to allow a .5 or 1 FTE) , and the other as an aide (fund with TSSA)